Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome....

Well, hello. I am still trying to figure out how to do all this, but I thought I better join the real world and start a blog like everyone else. Mainly, I felt I needed to start to blog so my in-laws could keep updated on our family while they are serving as Mission Presidents of the Guam mission.

Here is an update of what has been going on in our family for the last year....

We were living in St. George until December when we moved for Nate's job back to SLC -- not the best time to move from warm St. George to freezing cold Salt Lake. It was rough. We crashed with my parents until our house sold in April. Since I was pregnant and due in May, we felt we better just stay put until after the baby was born. Isabella Dowdle was born May 3rd 2008. Just two days later, my in-laws, Mike and Gayla Dowdle, met with President Erying who extended them a call to serve as the Presidents of the Micronesa Guam Mission. They would be leaving on June 21st. We are now crashing at their house for the next 8 months. Thank you parents for making our transition back to Salt Lake easier and giving us pleanty of time to find a new home of our own.

Nate is now working for KUTV channel 2 as a producer. He loves his job. Basically, as a producer, he writes all the stuff the anchors say. He misses being on camera but likes the stability that being behind it brings. I have quit my job with Zions Bank and now am a stay-at-home mom to Jordan (2 1/2) and Isabella. So far so good. We are currently working on potty training so well see if we survive.

This blog is bound to change a lot in the coming days or months as I find out all the neat stuff you can do. I hope thats okay with all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jamie,
loved the blog. You are better at it than I am. I still don't know how to do the paper background yet. Liz had to do it for me. I'll check it out regularly. love Gayla

Webster Family said...

I am glad you got your blog going. We are working on the potty training thing as well. We will have to swap stories (hopefully successful)!