Thursday, July 23, 2009

Best Day EVER!

Jordan had the best day today. A little boy's dreams came true.

It all started about 11:00 am. I was on the phone, and noticed a Fire Truck driving down the street. I told Jordan so he could come out to see. We went outside and noticed the Fireman fixing the hydrant. We walked down the street to get a closer look at the truck. I had just gotten home from a meeting, and taken off my nice shirt, leaving only a shade, dress pants and NO shoes and I still had the home phone in my hand. The nice fireman came over and said hi, then to my SHOCK, asked if we wanted a RIDE, um YES! YES! YES!

We climbed in the backseat, buckled up and put the headphones on. The fireman, whom I never even asked his name, asked Jordan questions from the headsets and drove us around the block. Then honked the horn several times as we pulled back up to the fire hydrant he was fixing.

Jordan was so EXCITED that he came home and put all his fireman gear on all the way down to the boot, even though it was 95 degrees outside. He was already wearing his Fireman in Training t-shirt (how fitting) but here is his a picture of him in his gear (aka, last years Halloween costume)

Then, it was off to the mountains. Before the whole firetruck experience I had told him we would go up to the mountains and of course he didn't forget. We took the short hike to Donut Falls and had a small picnic.

Rock throwing was the biggest hit of the hike. Bella would throw a rock then clap for herself. She was so proud. Jordan had to climb to the tallest hill then throw the rocks off.


The we fed a squirrel 2 chips, He obviously new how to play this game, he was a FAT squirrel.
Thank goodness for my Jeep Stroller, I didn't have a carrier on hand so I thought I would give this a try. It actually worked really well. It definitely made the JEEP name proud.
At 2:22 pm we were on our way home, sound asleep. Ah, peace and quiet.

Unfortunately, at 3:00 we were home, all awake and ready to jump on the tramp.

2 comments:

Steve and Kirsten said...

sounds busy, but fun : ).

Hopie said...

We have a special love for firemen in our family. The firehouse in Hurricane is named after Randy's Grandpa Campbell... and that's where we got our daughter's name... Cambelle!!! We love firefighters!!!