Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Brother Levi

Welcome Baby Levi.

Baby Levi was born on February 8, 2011.  It was a planned induction. I was determined to get an epidural this time and thankfully, my doctor understood. My mom, Dad and Katelyn came over to our house at 7:30 am on Tuesday morning, Katie watched the kids and got Jordan off to school. My Dad helped Nate give me one last priesthood blessing.  We arrived at the hospital at about 8:00 got all checked in and an epidural.  Everything went well, I didn't feel any pain!! After the last 2 natural births, this was fabulous for me. My Mom and Dad stayed and chatted, and sisters, Brittney and Brooke came for a quick visit right before the delivery and Dani came right after.  At 12:00 I felt a little pressure and Levi was born at 12:14.  The experience was wonderful.  Levi was 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. From the first moment, he has looked like his brothers twin.  It did take us a while to determine a name.  After much back and forth we finally came up with LEVI JAMIE DOWDLE.



 All the Koch Cousins.  I didn't think they would be allowed to come visit but the nurses said ok.  It was chaos for a few minutes but all went well. 
 Jordan is one proud big brother. He loves to hold his brother, give him kisses and sing to him. Jordan was the first one to get spit up on. It scared him a little, he thought Levi was sick. I had to explain that babies do that sometimes. 
 Bella loves her brother too. Loves to give kisses and hold him. She loves to call him baby brother, even though she does know his name is Levi.

We are one HAPPY Family! (even though we couldn't get Bella to Smile.)

7 comments:

Tobi said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! (What kind of a lame friend am I!). Congratulations!!!!!

I'm so glad the delivery went well and as you hoped. I hope the coming months go just as smoothly!

Lacey said...

Congratulations you guys!

Alisa said...

Congratulations! I love the name, love the wonderful epidural experience. Hooray for all of you!

He's so little and adorable! When things calm down, I hope I can meet him!

Jen said...

Congratulations! I didn't know that you were expecting. Shows how out of the loop I am. What a wonderful surprise though. Hooray! I am so happy for you!

Steve and Kirsten said...

Congrats...I didn't know you were expecting. How exciting to have another boy. He looks so cute and older brother looks so happy : ). You look great for just having a baby.

Anne said...

Congrats Dowdle fam!!!

Jenny said...

Yay for baby boys!!! Congratulations!!!