Last week Isabella developed a sore on her leg, because bacterial infections have been going around, I took her to the doctor. Sure enough she had caught it. He put her on a antibiotic and told us to come back if things didn't improve. Well, they didn't. We went back on Tuesday, he took a culture, gave her a shot of antibiotics and a prescription for a 2
nd oral antibiotic and told us to come back the next day. The next day, things had still not improved. She got another shot of antibiotics, a second culture and her blood drawn. By 3:00 pm, the redness had spread, and after a quick call to the
pediatricians office and off we were
to
Primary's for IV antibiotics. Isabella actually developed
Mersa which is a strain of infections that are very difficult to treat.
Bella thought the waiting room was fun! It only took 3 hours to be seen. We kept getting bumped by more severe cases. I didn't mind getting bumped by a crying child with a broken arm or the 5 year old throwing up in the garbage can.
ER's are scary!

She didn't like getting her IV put in


But she fell asleep quickly after getting her first round of fluids. Nate is watching the Jazz go down by 13 in the second quarter. At this
point I think Nate is in more pain that Bella.

On the bright side, she found her hospital crib to be quite fun.

According to the Doctor's, there is no way to totally prevent
Mersa. The best thing to do is wash your hands
thoroughly after using the rest room, and hope everyone else does the same.
4 comments:
I certainly hope she feels better soon. That sounds like it could have been scary, but it's a good think she has an attentive mom to watch after her.
Kevin and I were driving last night when he switched over to the jazz game. After five seconds of listening for the score he said, "Uh! Guess we don't have to listen to that anymore." (He knows how I hate listening to sports in the car.)
I hate IV's too! Poor Bella, that made me a little teary!
Glad to hear things are looking up.
OOOOHHHHhhhhhwwwwwaaaaa. I hope she is feeling better. We missed the whole thing. dang it!!!!
Post a Comment